Job advertisement for Post-Doctorate Researcher in the ECO-READY Project (two positions)
Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, invites applicants for the position of:
Project: ECO-READY RIA HORIZON-CL6-CLIMATE-01
The ECO-READY project aims in achieving Ecological Resilient Dynamism for the European food system through consumer-driven policies, socioecological challenges, biodiversity, data-driven policy, and sustainable futures. The project will develop a real-time surveillance system, an Observatory offered as an e-platform and as a mobile application. This will function as the necessary singular source of information, provide real-time assessments for the food system, and update forecasts frequently and consistently. The Observatory will be available to society, policymakers, the scientific community, and the agri-food industry, and integrated with a network of 10 Living Labs, supported through the third-party funding process, covering all bioclimatic regions in Europe, forming the ECO-READY project knowledge infrastructure. ECO-READY will produce knowledge-based resilience strategies and develop tools that will be embedded on the Observatory. The underlining principle behind the ECO-READY approach is resilient dynamism or tackling immediate problems and long-term challenges at the same time.
We are looking for candidates for two Post-Doctorate Researcher positions, from both EU and non-EU countries.
- Holder of Ph.D. title or be close to completion in food systems resilience, food and nutrition security, agribusiness, agriculture economics, agrifood supply chain management, or environmental management with emphasis on agriculture practices and food production. Experience in modelling would be a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (the working language of the Project), good communication and teamwork skills.
DESIRED PROFILE OF APPLICANT:
- Expertise in the field of food and nutrition security, and food systems resilience in relation to future challenges, as evidenced by a proven academic and publication track record.
- Experience in the preparation of – and participation in Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe projects
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Join the CZU ECO-READY Team and contribute to the Tasks as described in the project Grant Agreement.
- Publish original results of the research.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE PROVIDED WITH:
- A full-time position contract (36 months supported by Horizon Europe grants)
- An attractive salary of € 30 000 gross per year (approx. net salary of € 24 000); Prague benefits from significantly lower cost of living compared with most of EU capitals)
- Benefits include 40 days of annual leave, flexible working hours, relocation support from the CZU welcome centre, supplementary pension insurance contributions, meal vouchers, subsidized meals at the CZU campus, opportunity for accommodation at the CZU campus
- An opportunity to actively compete for/participate in research grants with the possibility to further significantly increase the salary
- An open and independent research environment, with ample opportunities to further build their academic career at the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food, and Natural Resources
- A substantial budget for training, conference attendance and networking
EXPECTED STARTING DATE: April 2024 (later commencement negotiable)
More information about the ECO-READY Project can be found on the following link:
Official websites of the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague and the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources:
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae (including relevant accomplishments consistent with work on EU projects), a brief description of current research (no more than two pages), a brief outline of future research plans (no more than two pages), two most representative publications, and the names and contact details of three referees should be sent directly to the Project Coordinator (as a single pdf file) to the email address:
The deadline for submitting the application is 10.03.2024
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.